At last, after weeks of vacillation and tomfoolery, we bring 3D particle emitters to the game itself. To do this, we need to add the ability to orient emitters in 3D space. On top of this, we recall that we are masochists, having implemented a multiplayer implementation that runs the same game frame several times. This means we also have to figure out how to prevent creating the same emitters twice.
- TypeScript Record utility type: https://www.typescriptlang.org/docs/handbook/utility-types.html#recordkeystype
- SIGBOVIK, tech conference about silly ideas with serious implementations: http://www.sigbovik.org/
- Ruby downward assignment, a silly April Fool’s idea with a serious implementation: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17768
- Brian Westley’s code-as-poetry submission to the 1990 Internal Obfuscated C Contest: https://nickdrozd.github.io/2021/03/30/signed-char-lotte.html
- Quine, a computer program that generates its own source code: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quine_%28computing%29