We move some computation over to the GPU in our mad quest to reach 100k spinning triangles. In a Herculean feat of coding, Dom one-shots the shader code. Also, we discuss Loop Hero’s wonky early-game balancing, horror games and why we can’t play them, finger drumming, and the cultural wreckage of NFTs.
- Daylight savings legislation in CA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_California_Proposition_7
- Quest for Groove is a great YouTube channel about the emerging art of finger drumming: https://questforgroove.com/
- Jeff is not a big fan of the piezoelectric guitar pickup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_(music_technology)#Piezoelectric_pickups
- Vector arithmetic in GLSL: http://learnwebgl.brown37.net/12_shader_language/glsl_mathematical_operations.html
- Beeple, the Kinkade for the meme generation, is rich, but damn is his art terrible: https://news.artnet.com/opinion/beeple-everydays-review-1951656