With the election right around the corner, we’ve got politics on the mind. Expect some anxiety over bleak outcomes and lots of armchair philosophizing about the possibilities of democracy. But we were able to cram at least a little programming into the stream. We add some new container classes, true catnip for the programmer trying to procrastinate while avoiding the hard problems. We also got rid of some redundant particle emitters, which was a nice frame rate optimization.
- If you like streams about how to build great art from its constituent parts, try Chromeo’s Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/chromeoofficial
- Interview with Antonio Garcia Martinez on the subject of Facebook and content moderation: https://youtu.be/Dct3tHbJb-s
- Lester Bangs, iconic rock critic and writer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_Bangs
- John Leguizamo’s House of Buggin’, a mid-90s spinoff of In Living Color (and apparently an antecedent to Mad TV): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Buggin%27
- joechill, the “anti-Batman”, a Ruby library that terminates child processes when the host process terminates: https://github.com/mikesech/chill