We added a second simulated tank with a simulated keyboard input, and the beginnings of a world with multiple players in it. En route to that, we fixed a bug where we weren’t actually processing server messages. This all reintroduced serious performance problems…we sense optimization in our future.
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/working-effectively-with/0131177052/
- Alan Wake: a cool “old” game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wake
- Remnant from the Ashes: good if you liked Destiny or Dark Souls: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remnant%3A_From_the_Ashes
- We were rendering the game at 30fps this time because of the refresh rate of Dom’s LCD display. For fun/interesting read on vsync, vertical blanking, and frame rates, read the first half or so of Raph Levien’s recent article on compositors: https://raphlinus.github.io/ui/graphics/2020/09/13/compositor-is-evil.html
- At one point we broke the game so badly it started playing like Baba Is You: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Is_You. The creator streams on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hempuli